Saturday, September 03, 2005

From sordid to sorted.

Being in a school with many English (England) people, I tend to pick up silly words only heard in the movies and stage plays. Many words such as: lift, knickers, boot, garage (with a long a), meself, mobile (cellphone), at the weekend (on the weekend), and my favorite and it is now part of my everyday speech.... CHEERS! I say cheers for EVERYTHING, goodbye, hello, thankyou, you're welcome and bottoms up. Anyways, the title of this post has been brought to you from England, the place where English never grew up.

As for the title, my apartment was left in a mess, I kind of know the girl who was here before me and she's not the type to do that, I know for a fact that she was doing things and only made it to the airport one hour before her flight off this R.O.C.k. So, it was dirty and messy. But now, it's clean... and less messy. I have my bedroom set up, the livingroom set up, all the stuff that should be in the kitchen on the kitchen counter (cooking is something that Taiwanese people do, Jennifer is the only foreigner that I know who cooks here) so due to the lack of cooking, it doesn't matter. The clothing pile is shrinking with every washer load and the clothes racks are becoming stocked. I don't have cable yet, nor can I justify getting it. Most of the cable is Korean and Japanese old style shows with Chinese subtitles... I'll probably get cable anyway.

It's nice having my own place, Jam is living here for a week till she finds a new place, her last roomate moved to another city and she couldn't afford the whole place by herself. But, the rules have been laid out and she's ok with them, so I can prettymuch do anything I want to, and she can't. But, I don't want a roomate, so I think these unfair rules are fair, I don't even know if she's going to kick in rent, not that I care cause I'm sure she'd do the same for me.

This weekend I have decided to get my place COMPLETELY set up... nope, screw that, It's been a day since the last typhoon and the next one won't come till Monday, I'm going to Sun Moon Lake!!! I can set up durring the week. Still gotta hang some paintings and stuff.

Let's hope the typhoon doesn't wash us down the mountain, there are about a dozen of us going.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many accents do you have...
Can,Aussie,Mexican, Chinese, English.??...Enjoy..Good luck with your unpacking. Don't get swept into the mud slides...Breta

Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The less of our English you speak the less we will be able to tell who you are.

But cheer up mate, your place is spot on.


Allan S.

Sunday, September 04, 2005 1:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Allan. Cracked me up.

Colin.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home