Friday, August 26, 2005

New pet.

Well, I have a new pet. I saw a little thing on the wall today, so did the cat, so as soon as I saw that it was a gekko, the cat was in midair slamming into it. So, I kicked the cat off as it was trying to devour this convulsing worm... it was the gekko's tail, so cool. Somehow the cat got the gekko into it's mouth and then let it go. So, I threw the cat out onto the balcony. I managed to scoop this little gekko up into a traditional Chinese serving set with some water, I even threw in an extra tail for extra garnish. One question, how do you contain an animal that requires water, can run in any direction, even vertically and inverted, and is no thicker than a key ring and no longer than my thumbnail? I'm going to get sick of catching flying insects and stuffing them into the bowl... I need something more airy. Maybe he will survive and then I will release him into the "wild" of my apartment where there are no cats.

Even though the only furniture to move is a mattress, I still say that moving sucks. I don't wanna do it and that's that... why the heck did Jenn have to go to Canada, she was always a whiz at the moving thing. She would have all the breakables wrapped in a comforter, saving having to go get newspaper and crap as well as saving space. If she can get here by Sunday evening, I'll pay for her ticket. Luckily, I only have 18 months of accumulated crap... well... that's still alot of crap.

I managed to move a crappy, but brand new, Taiwanese mattress form my new place to my current place, I bought all the furniture and since I paid for my bed here, I'm gonna swap them so that I may contunue to have good sleep. So, I will have a sofa set, dvd player, xbox, stereo and a nice bed in my new place, what more do I need? Oh yeah, a tv, still don't know what to do about that yet, I am not sure what Paul is going to do cause Nick is moving out of my place also. Too bad, Nick was the PERFECT roomie.

It looks like moving will be under cloudy, but not rainy skies, I think this is a good thing. I have to figure out how to get my stuff to my new place, hopefully by a blue truck. I have a small APB out for one. Blue trucks are sort of like taxi's. You CAN flag them down, but if they are out, they are usually out for a reason, you sort of have to know a guy who knows this guy who knows this guy with a blue truck sort of thing.

It's already Thursday and I am just warming up, work is over before it starts. But... I have only a little packed. So, I should be feeling pretty good for the weekend. By the way, I had a beer while packing last night. I was at 7-11 and saw Boddington's DRAUGHT beer. Draught in a can? So, the pub served stuff is good, so I tried it. It was damn good, it had a "widget" inside to create a foamy head, kind of a cool idea. It tasted just like it was from the tap.

I hope that I can finish packing tonight and tomorrow night, then I can go on a trip this weekend. In my new place, I will have high speed internet, a land line and my cell phone. So, I should be able to be contacted. As well, I should have a decent connection for a webcam and microphone. If anyone wants to visit, I will have 2 spare rooms with a soft Queen size bed and two unknown singles.

Of to 7-11 in search of the mysterious "widget" and then off to pack. When I'm working, it's nice to have a cold "widget" induced refreshment, it's not a regular thing.

...by the way, I do believe that I used the word "pub" instead of "bar" and I have been finding that I use "cheers" to thank peeople and as a parting gesture, do you think that many of my co-workers are from the U.K.? (Actually, I'm from the U.K., but Canada doesn't really count, 'cause we know how to speak true English, eh?) My boss actually refers to himself as "meself"... "Between me kids and me co-workers, me Englie will is be screwed." They'll never let back into Canada, they'll torch me passport the second I touch down.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your gekko. Didn't you have a gekko in your bathroom light shade at your first apartment in Taiwan?? I would have loved to help you move if I were there...Do I get brownie points for that offer?? Breta

Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home