Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I made it.

Well, I am now sitting on my couch in my new apartment. I have my TV set up (no cable) with my DVD player and Xbox video game system. I have my stereo hooked to my iPod and I have wireless internet. I have 4 fans scattered around the place as I only have air con in the bedroom and it's an old clunker. This place is much more like the cottage as compared to the castle I have been inhabiting foo the last year. But, this place is mine, to do what I like, when I like and how I like. My room is smaller and I have two spare rooms, one for painting and one for guests. I will get cable and my phone hooked up soon I think... the cell works fine (not really, but almost).

Today, my students wanted to know what "Nice" was. I told one student to leave the class and come back. He walked in and I greeted him and gave him my drink and wallet and asked if there was anything I could do for him. I asked who was next, I picked the smallest kid. When he left, I took the lid off the garbage can. He walked in and I grabbed him, swung him upside down, hung him from his ankles and put his head in the garbage can. "This is NOT nice," I said. He didn't actually touch the empty garbage can and even he was laughing uncontrolably. So, after this ALL the students wanted to try, too bad, "teaching" was over, time for the next lesson.
Jam mentioned how most of my class stories end up with a student in the garbage can... hmmm.

I woke up thismorning and realized all my morning stuff was missing... or in a box. So I dug to find a razor, I used soap and water to shave. While looking for toothpaste, I found my shaving foam and shaved a second time to get what I missed. I grabbed a sub from Subway and went to work. Work was ok. I finished at 7, went to my old apartment, grabbed what I forgot, cleaned a little and came here and set my place up. It looks ok, the floors need a cleaning cause my feet have a pretty good tan on the underside... or it's dirt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a saying: "A man's home is his castle" Enjoy your new clean castle...Breta

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 1:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home