Saturday, August 20, 2005

Cow Row!

Well, I was invited to a Pot Luck Cow Row tonight. "Cow Row" is Chinese for BBQ, so it's off to Costco for some Australian steaks (Greg, where the heck is that Hereford care package!?!?!) which are still fairly good. These people have been here for many years and they all seem to speak pretty good Chinese, so this will be good for me as I think almost everyone speaks Chinese and not everyone speaks English, a bilingual evening, sweet. So, I will bring some steak, a bottle of Jack D and maybe a salad or dessert.

Her BBQ's always wind up being a relaxing evening on many sofas with much to do about nothing. And her circle of friends are all pretty cool, they seem to speak Chinese and care about stuff and aren't here just to get plastered every night and be stupid. It's nice to meet people who actually try to do things and better themselves. Unfortunately, my time in Taiwan has been somewhat dissapointing because the coolest people I meet, leave... as with everyone else. No one is forever. To be honest, it's kind of cool cause I have people all over the world to go visit who will help me out, but it's kind of disheartening because you build up relationships with great people, only to watch them leave. Someday, I will be one of these people.

I'm getting edgy for another trip, but not outside of Taiwan, I might try for Peng Hu again or Sun Moon lake. Peng Hu is a series of barely inhabited islands between China and Taiwan, an island focused on aiming missiles at China and shooting down Communist fighter jets. It's a hole of an island but the beaches and water are just beautiful, coral everywhere and crystal clear unpolluted water. Sun Moon lake is a lake at the top of a mountain in the middle of Taiwan. There's no swimming there except for one day of the year. But it's in the middle of nature and is surrounded by bamboo and tropical forests.

Who knows, I have this weekend here and next weekend moving.

It's been raining for the last two weeks, it sucks. I guess this is why they call it the rainy season. It still beats the crap out of -45 winters!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah, when we leave a city, it's tough to deep in touch with all our friends. And when our friends leave, it 's tough too. I feel for you...Hope the steaks were tender...Love Breta

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home