Friday, August 19, 2005

Cherry ghosts and conspiratists.

Well, Tuesday felt like Friday and Thursday felt like Monday. I'm ready to start my week of work and it's almost over. Cool.

On Sunday, I bought a box of Cherries, you know... the good ones, Bing, I think. Well, I forgot to bring them to work on Monday and Tuesday, so on Tuesday, I told everyone that if they wanted cherries, they had better text me in the morning to remind me to bring them. Wouldn't you know it, at 11:30AM, I get a text. It was about something completely different, form someone not from my work. But, I remembered and that's the important part. I got to work and everyone cheered that there were fresh cherries and they all wanted one. But, no one remembered to text me, so tough cookies. I laid 'em on the table anyway and offered some to the girls up front. Well, Wednesday night, they were gone... not in the fridge where I had left them either... not in the garbage, not in my classroom... Oh well. Today, I asked if anyone had seem them, nope, I must have eaten them (I didn't). No worries, I'm glad someone got them. When it was break time today, my cherries were in the fridge, but my tiny thing of coleslaw was missing. What!?!?! It's either ghosts or a conspiracy to push me that last remaining inch over the brink of sanity. My co-workers are conspiring against me! I know it! I hear them mumble their secrets in the hallway. They know I'm on to them and they've all confessed... they all take full responsibility for it. Hmmm.....
So, I put the cherries on the table for everyone once again and we all finished them, damn good (and expensive) cherries ($10CAN/ $250NT).

Well, I have somehow figured out my money... I honestly don't know how, but I have paid my deposit and rent on my new place, bought my furniture and still have a wee bit left over for food and TP. Also, the tax office didn't help, they gave me a cheque form the government for my taxes but the banks require 3 days before they'll give me the money. I Canada, a government cheque is good at 7-11.

So, on Monday I will get my tax return money and I should be well on my feet as rent isn't due till October 1st. Also, my paycheques should look pretty good since I've been subbing and working more, maybe my best ever.

This weekend looks like rain as it has been raining almost all week. I predice more rain with a slight chance of even more rain. I guess it a packing weekend... I would prefer to do something cool and then procrastinate.

Also, posting coments on this blog is easy, if you click on the anonymous button, you don't need to register for a sign in name, just write your name in the comment.
Night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess it's international...we have had lots of rain here too...Sounds like you have ghosts that put money into your accounts too!(not just move your cherries around). Have fun packing this weekend Sheri is too and I'm helping a friend move too.
Love, Breta

Friday, August 19, 2005 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home