Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Would one Tuk-tuk driver really matter?

Well, I'm all sorted out.

I arranged tickets, they were full, then a ticket for tomorrow cleared up, I took it, went to the Vietnam embassy and gave them US$25 in Kip (Laos money). They had some funky exchange rate and said it would be US$27 if I used Kip. I informed them that in Laos, US$ is not a legal currency, only Kip, thay said $25 was fine. I left without my visa, called the travel agent, emailed my travel agent in Taiwan, changed my ticket for Friday, to meet up with my Taiwan flight, and so, no more Vietnam for me. I don't get my bloody flag, but I save US$54 on Visas ($27), Airport Taxis(2 x $6), and an exit tax ($15). My Taiwan agent was going to move my ticket for whenever I wanted for free, he replied to my e-mail 20 minutes later... sweet!

Long story short, I hate tickets, taxes and paperwork, did I mention paperwork?
My holiday is set. No more crap, just relaxing and waiting.

Oh yeah, the topic of my post:
I had a tuk-tuk (motorbike taxi wagon thing) drive me around for this, should have been about $2-3, he knew I was pissed about the visa. I gave him $4 and he pulled the "more money" speech, I almost smashed his head into the bars of the Tuk-tuk. I told him that we agreed on $2 and he said yes. I took my $4 back and gave him $2 and he was very apologetic. Grrr...

Now that life's cleared up, time to go relax on the beach (riverbank... but it's a big river! And it's the only river in the world that flows both ways, the Mekong River).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home