Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Less than nowhere.

Well, there's a place in northern Laos that is relatively "untouched" by "civilization".

My plan:
Get up early tomorrow and buy some cold water.
Go to the northern bus stop in Luang Prabang
Get on a bus to Nong Khiaw (4 hours north of here)
Get on a boat to Muang Ngoi Neua (2 more hours)
Take pictures, meet the locals, find a place to sleep.
Try to find a boat back to Nong Khiaw and the rest is easy.

So, Muang Ngoi Neua doesn't have power, sewer, phone or water... they don't even have roads due to being completely inaccessable by land. No need to bring my electronics, just my camera and a full battery, water, and a change of clothes. Food? I'm sure they'll have something, if not, if I can fry, kill, peel or boil it... I might just eat it.

I should be back on Thursday night or Friday, I've always come back before... On the plus side, I've felt very safe here in Laos and the police don't have guns, there aren't very many police anyways.

Luang Prabang is the busiest city I've seen in Laos and only has 16,000 people.

Anyways, I'm off to see absolutely nothing, and very excited about it. My stuff will be left at The Cold River Guest House in Luang Prabang... a very nice place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home