Friday, August 04, 2006

Sapalicious!

Well, do to knowing jack squat, I'm leaving Sapa, a tiny little oasis of tourist hotels and internet cafes, set in a colonial French town in the aboriginal hills, full of hill tribes. Wow, what a fantastic place, all the buildings are a hundred years old or something, built by the French and then the french were tossed out by Ho Chi Min or someone. A really cool place. My hotel is like a Chateau, stone walls, and a fantastic vew of terraced mountains, the steepest mountains I have seen.

Anyways, I didn't want to leave here, but my train ticket is for tonight. I can't change it, and if I burn it, the train is booked until Tuesday night, which may wreck my plans for Laos. Also, I met and spent the day with a fantastic girl from my hotel. She rented a bike for me and then when I went to visit the waterfall, she was there with her mother. We had just a fantastic time, her mother got tired, so we went off raoding on my bike into the hills and visited some hill tribes, drove thru some rivers and great stuff. My bus is here, gotta go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Glads you are enjoying your vacation.
Breta

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home