Sunday, August 13, 2006

I left Van Vieng for Luang Prabang this morning, dropped my "laundry" at the guest house. I have only 2 shirts, a muscle shirt, one pair pants, one pair shorts, my swim suit and some socks and undies. So, unless I am swimming for the day, all I can wash is underwear, one pair of bottoms and two tops. LOL, 5 weeks, 2 changes of clothes. Something happened to my muscle shirt, I took my camera tubing... yeah, I know it's stupid. Why would I buy a super camera and then be too afraid to use it, I have learned this from many bags of saved Halloween candy, after 3 years, the soft caramel, just isn't as soft. So, I try to live more and save less... I'm sure you've done it with the chocolate cake in the fridge... saving it until you really want it, then it shows mold... all for not.

Well, Vieng Vang must be the most relaxing place I've been, I didn't even want to do anything. I just sat on the tatami mat and chilled out with the other guests all day. Eating sticky rice, fruit, shakes, beer and cigarettes, listening to soft music, from sun up to sun down.

I'm not the person to go to a place and not see things... but wow, it was a good week.

I still don't know where I'll be in two days. Tomorrow I want to see a big waterfall, but this "city" doesn't really grab me (second biggest city in Laos and pop 16,000, same as N.B.). But, I found the most amazing tomato soup here, like spaghetti sauce, it was soo good.

This morning, the power went out in Vang Vienne, then when I got here, the power went out for 4 hours. The 180km bus ride took 6 hours, it was like the road to Cut Knife along Table Mountain, just going up, up, up, for 4 hours, then down for 2... no, I'm not joking, it took 6 hours. The highway is single lane (no, I didn't say one lane for each way, just one lane), no lines, nothing, usually ashfalt (sp?), but lots of gravel. We saw three fresh landslides on the way here, I hope the road stays open.

I'm debating going north, to the Knokkersout or Mellonsbare hill tribe, where they don't cover thier breasts... or, go back to my sundeck by the river... or, go south to southern Laos (a good place to put it)... or, got to Vietnam for a few days before flying.

I really just want to pack my small backpack and rent a bike for going north on my own... I think an ox would be a better choice but I don't know. No, I'm not joking.

Yep, I like to ramble, not really in any order. But, to be honest, I don't know the date, maybe the 10th to the 17th? No concept of time, I had to find my phone last night, just so I could set my alarm for the bus this morning, no problem. I was up at 6:00am on the deck, watching the sunrise, then I just did nothing in the hammock, until 9:00 when I had to leave. Then a baby monkey came and climbed up my pant leg, then onto my shoulder and wouldn't get off. It just grabbed my shirt everytime I tried to remove it. So, I had a monkey friend from about 7am till 9:30 am. Everyone else had decided that today was the time to go, so we were all up early. The monkey would go to someone else and then come running back to me when they reached out. Rabies for breakfast, anyone? I guess it belonged to the woman next door, cute monkey, likes getting tossed around, and I got him to sit in my shirt pocket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home