Tuesday, August 22, 2006

With 20 cents to spare.

Well, I made it back to Vienteinne, home of the famed ATM machine.

Yep, I got off the bus with 20 cents left in my wallet, wahoo!!! I gave it to a driver to take me the 3km to the city and ATM machine. I would have had more, but I went shopping in Luang Prabang for some stuff and bought my little sister a super cool birthday present, yep, I think I really did it this time. By the way, Dad, your present's going to be very late as I haven't found anything yet and things seem to dissapear from the post offices in Laos and Vietnam anyway. I'm going to mail from Taiwan... any requests?

I had the most fantastic adventure in Mong Ngoi (yes, I spell it differently everytime I write it, it keeps it fresh), it may take a couple hours to write about, so maybe I'll wait till I have bored time or it's raining.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro!!

Thanks for thinking of me!!! I can't wait!! I really do miss you, but hopefully we can hook up in Stellenbosch South Africa in Feb. How does that sound? Just 25 minutes south of Capetown. They offfer swimming with great whites. I'll watch you from the (other option) hot air balloon.
Hugs,
Sheri

Friday, August 25, 2006 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home