Sunday, March 05, 2006

Slip Slidin' Away

Well, this weekend was going to be my trip to YuShan (Jade Mountain) close to the ruins of the great waterfall. It's about 3 hours away and last weekend, my boss was shin deep in snow. It goes from about 800feet alt. to 1100feet in about 70km worth of driving and the temperature changes from +24C to +2C (76F to 36F ???). Never been there but I'll bet it's alot like driving up into space, my ears'll be poppin away. At night, it's been about -4C, I'll be spending a lot more time there in the summer to cool off.

I never went, the forcast said it will rain tomorrow and Ii have better things to do than drive my motorbike on twisted mountain roads from hell when there's ice... did I mention I would be on a motorbike? Even if the ice is gone, it would be wet roads and when you drive at 70km/hour, it's raining, and it's only 2 degrees Celcius... bloody cold I'll bet, colder than I want to try.

However, it sounds like fun and I will try to get there soon, there's a hot spring on the way, so I'll bring my B-suit (still haven't decided whether the "B" stands for "bathing" or "birthday".)

Monday's the day I send money home and mail some cd's for my sister... any requests?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CD's not needed. Breta

Sunday, March 05, 2006 2:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home