Sunday, March 05, 2006

Houston... we have a park.

Well, I didn't go far on Tuesday, the sun just wasn't shining. I have done the ultimate "geekism" though. I decided to go relax in a rice paddy somewhere but didn't want to go too far away... hmm... where could that be? I can't just drive down the highway because all the highways are lined with buildings and shops, so I used my computer.

I logged on to "Google Earth," a program that combines satellite and aerial imagery to form a globe of the Earth. I located my home and then scrolled around until I found a large green area beside a river about 35km from my house. I knew what highway it was on and I headed for PingTung, a close city. Halfway to PingTung, I saw my bridge and low and behold, under the bridge was not a rice paddy, but a huge grassy park. I walked past the people flying kites and sat on the riverbed in the grass and read my book for a few hours and watched a completely un-spectacular sunset over the dry riverbed. Nice place and it's only about 20 minutes away, I'll be back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you found some green so close to home!! Out of the smog?? Breta

Sunday, March 05, 2006 2:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home