Saturday, February 25, 2006

Getting itchy

I've been thinking of getting into some hobbies, I want to be able to play some music and I want to take better pictures.

I was looking into a school next to mine about someone being able to teach me the Saxophone. I used to play the saxophone in grade 7 and I liked it. However, the only two instruments I have any interest in playing are the Banjo and the Saxophone, both of these are fairly big, why can't I like harmonicas? But, I like the sax more, so I can get a private teacher for about $24/hour (ouch, but it's only once a week) but I can't rent one, only buy one for about $400... I'm debating, but maybe I'll hold off for a while.

Next, is my camera... I have been looking at some photography sites and I love photography. My camera is pretty top notch, but it's automatic and it can do manual stuff, but it's not really manual friendly. I want a true SLR camera with focus rings, sometimes I have trouble getting it to focus the way I want it and when I finally DO get it to work, it automatically adjusts to give me a "better" picture. I admit, it's a great camera, but... it doesn't do what I like. A new camera is about $1800 Can, maybe too much. Hoepfully I can save up and buy it, I certainly take enough pictures and I think I have played with and actually used every setting on my camera.

I would just steal one of my dad's professional cameras, but they use film and after a couple months, I would have saved far more money on buying my new digital instead of developing all this film. Also, I like being able to put it on my computer right away, look at the picture in my viewfinder after it's taken and I've heard that film cameras don't take very good videos. So, if anyone's looking for an UNETHICAL... I mean SONY DSC-V3 camera, let me know. I can't buy another SONY, due to ethical reasons stemming from them planting viruses in their music cds that have messed up so many people's computers. So, as far as I'm concerned, I will not be buying ANY more SONY products, too bad, they make some great products, my SONY TV is over 20 years old and works great, my camera is pretty good, too, but I'm hungry for more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful picture.
Simply Inspiring.
Reg

Friday, March 10, 2006 5:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home