Friday, February 24, 2006

Dedicated to Pirates!!! Arrrghhh... Maties!!!

Well, I was all revved up to fire off my mom's visa number to a software company so that I could retrieve all my files in a huge mess of unnamed files with no folders or dates. Take all of your university textbooks, rip the page numbers from all the pages, then rip each page out, shuffle, dump all the pages on the floor and then try to put your books back together. That was my plan... except the pages and numbers had already been ripped.

I found one last program that did everything for me, it was pirated and consisted of 5 programs plus a program to make them all work without paying any money. One of the programs managed to find and fix all my files just the way they were before "Black Saturday." I went to got to the pirate's website, but it had been shut down.

Short of the long, my computer is back on track and I have backed my files onto my NEW hard drive, which is much quieter, and I am putting my backups on my old hard drive, so I figure ONE of them should keep, I'll also put my photos on DVD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home