Saturday, February 18, 2006

Bitter Irony

As I was backing up my stuff onto DVD, one file couldn't be backed up because it was in use, so I rebooted my computer and then the hard drive went corrupt and now it shows that it's empty... not even formatted.

So, I've lost everything maybe... again. I don't know what to do and I'm scared to try. If I bring it into the shops in Kaohsiung, they might not understand the whole, "If you screw this up, I WILL kill you." If I send it to Canada... I can not make this threat in person, if I send it to the people who are used to the threats and are still in retention of all limbs, then they will charge me greatly for this service. On the good side, the hard drive still works, so, it will probably be someone who charges me $500 to use a $20 computer program they found on eBay. They won't have to take it apart like the one I dropped on the marble floor because there's nothing mechanically broken. Damn it! I was actually backing stuff up so that this stuff wouldn't matter. If I had it all backed up, I could have it completely fixed within the hour!

I think I may have given my parents a copy of my Thailand pictures, and I still have my Cambodia pictures. So, I will have lost some of my pictures and all my music... gonna miss my music.

I'm completely heartbroken and for once, can't wait till Monday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bummer! Breta

Thursday, February 23, 2006 12:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home