Saturday, February 18, 2006

Speak of the Devil and he will appear.

On Friday, I was "teaching" my evening class of 9 year olds and I had given them some writing to do and when they were finished, they could have break time. One of my girls had brought her unicycle to class 'cause I had asked her to show us how it's done. I tooke her to the next class (Maureen's) to show her students. She did ok and then I sent her back to class to finish her work, a few minutes later one of the students came to take the unicycle, "Ok, but don't play with it please," I said. Ii was telling MAureen how it's my favorite class and how well they behave and that I never have to worry. I walk into class and they are laughing hysterically, one of the girls has the unicycle and one of the boys has red tissue under his nose...

How did this happen?!?! Ahhhhhhh!!! I leave for a couple minutes and they are trying to put on a bloody circus! Actually, he was writing in his book and it just started to bleed, he's not a picker, and Nancy was just putting the unicycle beside the bookcase so it was out of the way and the kids has just built their Jenga tower one block too high and were laughing at it's demise... their work was all finished perfectly. Yep, I'm a great teacher... *sigh of relief.

I'm having picture issues, I think I need to reduce my pictures before I can upload them, I'll try to do that.

Anyways, last night, I was organising my external hard drive and I was out of space so I cleaned it up a bit and allowed compression on the files I haven't opened for a while. I let it buzz all night, cleaning, squishing and moving and this morning... it couldn't open anything. I was pissed, so before I chucked my computer and storage off my balcony, I rebooted it and things came up fine. Well, every time my computer screws up, I swear I'll back it all up and stuff. I'm halfway finished backing up my pictures onto DVD. History: Dropped spinning hard drive on marble floor in June = dead, lost almost all my music (17Gb); Came back from Canada and bothe hard drives wouldn't spin in January, the connection box was defunct, so new box, no problem; last night, compressed my drive, rebooted. Now, it's time to back up my pictures and music, my Simpsons episodes are on permanent backup through all the fine pirates lurking the internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home