Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My "ruined" trip.

Well, I have been to Angkor Wat 3 times and about 10 other Wats (Temples) a few times, pretty cool. Some of the farther away wats lack tourists and you can lay on the wat and the jungle animals come out, it's kind of cool, you hear them first and then the monkeys come out and stuff. Never thought jungle animal sounds coming from unbeknownst places would be relaxing as I'm an hour hike from a desolate road about two hours from the closest hospital that Lonely Planet recommends to stay away from. Yes, Cambodia looks like the set from M.A.S.H. and the Vietnam jungle movie scenes combined. You know those actors slugging through the jungle with their bald heads and sweating truckloads? They aren't faking it, it's about 35-40 Degrees and HUMID!!! In the net cafe it's 34C right now and it's night.

The foods great and cheap, Thai, Indian, Vietnamese and Khmer (Cambodian).

Tomorrow is shopping, I think, or maybe the flooded jungle, not sure, I'll decide when I wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home