Saturday, January 07, 2006

ESL Joke of the day.

I have achieved the impossible. I have instilled humor into my students.

One thing my first boss in Taiwan told me was:
"First you feed them and then you pull it back out."

Well, I have been feeding like crazy and now one of my students spit something up.

Jimmy: "Teacher, what's a monkey plus a monkey?"
Me: "I don't know... you?"
Jimmy: "No, Monkeys!"

Ok, so I'll admit, I hope like hell that THIS isn't exactly what I've been feeding my kids, but it's a start. A baby's first step is never a gracious one.

On a positive note, it can only get better... I hope.

I wanted to go to the waterfall where the rockslide was, I can finally get to the top of the mountain now that all the trees have been abolished. But it's too cold and no one is stupid or strong enough to go with me. I guess I'll go later. Paul (Vancouver) is probably the only person in Taiwan who knows where it is, so if I'm never heard from again, he can probably help.

I might wait till next weekend, Paul might come with me, then there'll be NO ONE to come collect our corpses.

It's Chinese Paul's birthday, so we are going to SOTO Japanese all you can eat buffet! Wahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home