Saturday, December 17, 2005

I wore my lucky spaceship underpants, working well.

Well, as Calvin says,"Sometimes, even my lucky spaceship underpants don't even work."

Not me, mine work great. I hopped into a cab at 7:00 for the 20 minute ride to the airport, the cabbie decided to take the freeway 'cause it's fast. Due to accidents or something, 65 minutes later I arrived at the airport... it was empty and my plane takes off in 18 minutes.

It's official, the minimum amount of time required to get onto a trans-Pacific international flight is 17 minutes! Slightly more than the 4 minute domestic time that I tested last year to the Peng Hu islands.

Anyways, the service rocks, the check in guy came out from some back office and checked me in and there was no time to check my luggage so he threw it on a cart, ran it, and myself, thru security and put us both on the plane (I got to sit in the top and the bags went into the belly). Cool, huh?

On another note, I did some grocery shopping in Dollars (supermarket) today and as I walked around lost, in less than 2 minutes, I had 3 employees asking me what the hell I was looking for and running as fast as they could to get it... I wasn't in a hurry or anything. I wasn't even asking for help, so damn cool.

I managed to fill my suitcases with junk, 34Kg (70Lbs) which is half of what I could carry... I don't own enough junk, must buy more. I think I only forgot my binoculars.

P.S. Somehow, I doubt this will work as well when leaving from Edmonton.
Don't worry, I checked on my luggage in Taipei and it's been stickered for fragile and I'm sitting in the emergency exit with a free seat next to me.
things are looking ok. Also, I have only my backpack and computer to weigh me down until Vancouver, where I will transfer my bags at customs.
I'm really excited to be going home, as far as work goes, this seems like good timing for a break, Then one month after I get back, another break, cool!
Why is the P.S. as long as my entry?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to our rendez-vous!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 2:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lucky can you get...17 minutes!
Breta

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger Vernon said...

I am an american in Taiwan, taking Chinese at Wenzao!

Saturday, December 24, 2005 4:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home