Monday, December 05, 2005

Ethics and possibility unite!

Well, the cattle have gone mad, the chickens are feeling a little bit under the weather, the salmon are weighted down and the pigs are clogging up my arteries. When we went out on the bikeride from hell, we ate at this good restaraunt and I we ordered a porkchop plate and a "Mushroom bacon cream sauce over vegetable chicken," huh? Well, it was fake chicken, made from soy or something, but nothing died in the process. Anyways, I can honestly say, it was the best damn chicken I can remember... except for Mom's chicken in a hurry. It was tasty and had texture and it tasted like real chicken.

I think vegetarianism is something we should strive for, unfortunately, vegetables suck.

Taiwan has shown me that veggies can be good and now, meat can be replaced and still be enjoyed (I think hell will freeze ofer before I ever order a "T-Bone Tofu"). I think the problem with veggies at home is that they are always boiled until you have 6 gallons of lightly flavored broth and a cup of diluted veggies that taste like the broth. Here, they fry, steam and quickboil veggies... it's usually not too bad.

I think that meat has become unhealthy with all the chemicals we treat cattle with and the treated food we feed them. The inbreeding of cattle to obtain a pure breed also leads to genetic dispositions and radical genes. Also, I think when the cattle eat food that has been treated, the chemicals and pesticides remain in the animal and collect in the meat. This applies to all farmed animals, especially where the grounds are not cleaned, such as in pens where the animals eat their food off of yesterday's crap. I doubt eating your friends crap is a good thing.

If we go vegetarian, we are eating a primary source that has only been tampered with on one level.

At least my beef comes from a good place, or at least it used to, now it comes from Australia. I know Greg is good to his cattle and gives them good feed.

My biggest reason to not go vegetarain (the yucky taste) has now waivered and I believe it is POSSIBLE to not eat meat and still enjoy food. I think it would take some effort and I don't think it's feasible at the moment, but in a couple years, I might be able to do it.

P.S. I went to a small fried chicken joint today and bought a big chickenburger, I ate the whole bloody thing on the escalator at Carrifour!!! Suprised me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you are contemplating becoming a vegetarian...you only enjoyed veggies in soup!!! Enjoy! Breta.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home