Friday, December 16, 2005

An Explosion of Christmas Spirit!

Well, at about 9:15 tonight, Christmas exploded into my psyche! I realized that I do not have to see any of my students, teachers or classrooms for two weeks!!! I am on vacation and tomorrow, I will be on a jet... well, I hate traveling, but the jet puts me to where I want to be... or does it? Do I really want to be in -25C weather when I could stay here in +25C weather? I could spend 2 weeks on the beach... in Thailand! Meh, that's what New Years is for, gotta love the Chinese, takes them 10 days to hang the new calendar. Nope, I'm excited to get home and see all that I've missed... unfortunately I will be the biggest loser, when I left, Black Eyed Peas were just starting to get played, and Taiwan is a little bit out of the "cool" loop. I wasn't even on top of everything in 2003 when I left, so I'm not even gonna try.

Predictions:
First, I will pile my mom's new car into a snowbank while trying to overtake a Greyhound bus in the ditch at a red light. (Mom, just kidding... honest)

Second, looking for someone to help get my mom's car out of the ditch, I will walk smack straight into every non automatic door in town and cuss loudly (cause I'm used to people not having a clue what I'm talking about)

Third, after walking into the door at 7-11, I will promptly beat the snot out of the clerk for not bowing to me and making a big deal of my patronage.

Fourth, when the police come to arrest me, I will tell them that I can't speak Chinese to get me off the hook... I doubt it will work.

Fifth, the bread I miss the most will be too bland and the soda will be too sweet and the foods too preserved.

Did I mention freezing to death?


Things to do tonight:
Wash laundry
Clean the kitchen
Pack 80Kg of crap into two bags
Charge my life support systems (iPod, Camera, Computer, Phone)
Sleep? Doubtful.
Go to the bar and say goodbye to Sion (leaving teacher) and everyone else for the two weeks.

I am so not prepared, let's hope this thing works... I figure as long as I make the plane, the rest will fall into place... passport, ticket, that's it.

Well, off to the pub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home