Monday, December 05, 2005

Riverprancing

Ok, so Riverdance was terrific!

No, I thought I would enjoy it and it should be seen to build character... but it was terrific. It wasn't just some guy in tights, kicking himself in the ass for 3 hours. There was some great opera and some really good instrumentals. I especially liked the Oboe (maybe) vs. the Violin duels. The violin player even did some dancing while playing which blew me away. The sound system was awesome and the music cam through crisp and clear. It gave strong competition to the Great Big Sea concert I went to a couple years ago. I never got bored and I was always enjoying it, nothing was overdone and there seemed to be a story. Just when I had had my fill, it changed into a different meduim, from dancing, to opera, to instrumental, to crazy tapping.

I went to Taipei 101, the tallest building, instead of paying the $20 to look 101 stories straight down, I paid nothing and looked 101 stories straight up, almost as exciting. I think it's almost as scary to have the possibility of the worlds tallest building falling on top of you, in a country prone to earthquakes, as it is to fall from the worlds tallest building... and I saved the 20 bucks!

By the way, I tried the "other" 5 star bus on the way to Taipei. I tried the rest, and I'll stick with the best. The TV was way to small and some of the channels didn't work, it sucked. I took the Aloha bus back to Kaohsiung, it had a big 15" flatscreen tv on my seat, reading light, a power outlet (cause I forgot to charge my iPod), a seat that reclined all the way, 14 channels (6 English movies), and a massager in my seat, oh yeah, and a stewardess button to call the cute little stewardess to bring me a blankie, cookies and tea. A 400Km bus ride for $24 with all the fixins! The double decker style makes a nice view, the downstairs has a full bathroom, the driver, a snack bar and a luggage room, no seats.

Oh yeah, I'll find the store guide for Taipei 101, all I saw was Gucci, Tommy Hilfigher, Ralph Lauren, Dior, Chanel, Prada, Armani and other places that I couldn't even afford to turn the price tags over on. Anyways, it looked like Rodeo Drive or something and I couldn't have been less interested. However, at the Australian grocery market, they didn't have any kangaroo meat, but I did buy some Spaghetti. Yes, all the way to Taipei and all I got was this lousy package of spaghetti.

Well, it's 3:30AM and I just wanted to check messages. Just got home and want to go to bed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he had added such variey into his show. Sounds great. Breta

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 1:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes a pack of spag gets me all tingly too.
Reg

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home