Saturday, November 19, 2005

Living in Hypertime.

Welcome to Taiwan, the country trapped in fast forward. The one thing I will never get used to, no matter how long I live here, is the speed at which time travels. In Canada, we have helpful little reminders, like seasons, to help remind us that 3 months have passed. In Taiwan, the temperature ranges from +18C in winter, to +33C in summer. Being in a tropical climate, the leaves don't fall off the trees and things are green all year round. I don't get it, I'm coming up on two years and it feels like 4 or 5 months. I have done some super cool stuff like go to Korea, China and Thailand but it's all just one fantastic blur.

Jenn came to teach for a week... or was it a whole year?!?!?! Theresa is coming to teach for four months, wait, she's going back to Canada on Sunday. Wow, I guess I'm stuck here forever, which might feel like next Friday.

Mondays come too fast, but by Monday evening, it's already Friday night, where did the week go? I think I will be going home for Christmas sometime tomorrow afternoon, or so it seems. I just can't wrap myself around this tear in space.

Anyways, my last 2 weekends have been a bust, so this weekend, I'm going to Kenting with whoever'll come with me... I think it's just me and that sounds ok. I think I'm going to try leaving this cloud of smog that some people like to call Kaohsiung a little more often. I think that it's a perfect city, aside from the smog and the increasing presence of foreigners... wait, maybe the smog helps fight off the pesky foreigners... maybe it IS the perfect city! nah.

Off to bed I go, I wanna get up in the morning and cruise on my pseudo "chopper" to Kenting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home