Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Inconsitentently inconsistent.

Well, today was my lucky day, I made some extra cash and I think I am out of the phonics hole.

Apparently, I am not the only one with trouble in phonics, I was the first visible smoke and after everyone getting similar ratings (but not as tragic), Keith has decided to watch EVERY teacher this week. He watched me today and he was in a good mood. He said things were better and that he was happy... but, I think it was good so maybe it's not his rollercoaster consistency.

Next, Nick wanted to go home 'cause he was feeling sick, so I subbed his 7:00- 9:00 class and got an extra $65CAN onto my paycheck. Not bad for a little work. Then I went to my hairdresser and my mechanic, who are side by side, and got my hair cut and my oil changed. Wow, I will miss head massages when I go home.

I'm excited about coming home, I think I will leave my earphones in my ears just so people don't talk to me. Having some trouble with flights, but I'll manage. I like looking stupid at people like I don't understand and then they don't talk to me. Somehow, I think people in Canada will just think I'm stupid if I do that.

This weekend was a bust, Theresa and I had plans for Kenting on Sat and to do some stuff in town on Sunday. We were leaving on Saturday and she needed an extra 10 minutes so I checked the weather, it said rain in the afternoon and so I checked the precipitation for the last 8 hours and around Kenting, the colors moved from green, to blue and then to red (was that a run-on sentence or just a really long one?). I phoned a hotel in Kenting and asked if it was raining and they said a little bit... sitting on the beach with beer and a book kind of sucks nomatter how little it is raining... probably not as bad as sitting in 2 feet of snow at minus 8, sorry, I had to.

Next weekend, we will try somethng again if she has time. If not, I will help her pack as she leaves this fair clouded city of smoggily goodness on Monday night, only to return to minumum wage and the life of a frozen student-pop. Depending on the condition of our snow machines, I have some insane pictures to take for the people back here. Some don't believe that snow can be deeper than 1/2 an inch. Ii have this great idea of skiing behind the skidoo in boxers and a scarf, what a picture for the locals. Maybe I'll put on some pants so I can show my kids.

My goal for this Christmas is to catch pneumonia and skirt the line of breakage upon my limbs by doing something stupid. I forsee bale jumping, skiing behind the skidoo, boxershort snowmen, and diving headfirst into a wall of snow or something.

One plan of getting home is by landing in Edmonton and driving with Sheri home. This is a disasterous plan for Sheri because I haven't been in a car for a long time and I taxi's are about it since last Christmas. I am used to driving a motorbike at 120km/hour and resting my knee on the door of the taxi cab driving beside me... well, the knee thing is a bit far, but I could probably reach out to both sides and touch a car on my left and a scooter on my right at all times. Also, being a foreigher grants us special driving priveleges such as running lights, driving on the wrong side of the road if it suits us and doing anything we like... well, it used to, I think it still works 90% of the time. Poor Sheri, having to drive with her brother screaming, "Faster! You have at least 3 inches! Use the ditch! Why are you stopping, no one's coming, faster damn it! Ahhhhh! What's wrong with these people?!?!", the whole way. She would be even more freaked out if she actually let me drive as she screams, "Slower! You are touching his bumper! Stay on the highway! Red light, stop! Slow down, damn it! What's wrong with you?!?!" all the way. But, she offered, so it's her demise, let's hope I'm dead tired and jet lagged... for her sake.

Anyways, goodnight, going to bed early so I might have time to hit the beach before work tomorrow and get some sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home