Sunday, September 25, 2005

SonyBaloney

Well, I got a Sony Ericsson cellphone on Friday (K700i model)... it connects to my computer wirelessly through "Bluetooth", sort if like wireless internet. Well, it didn't work, and my computer wasn't finding anything, just what I need is another computer problem. Today I found out that my computer doesn't actually have bluetooth, just a slot to put one in if I buy the component.

Anyways, my crappy old phone was carried around today rather than my $400CAN Sony phone. You pay $30 for a phone and they will invest $30 worth of complicated features into it, pay $400 and they will throw in a 300 page Chinese User Manual in the box. I think I can configure it to navigate me across the moon if the problem ever arises. Sony has never been known for simplicity. It can play my MP3 music and display the person's picture when they call. It also has a decent digital camera and will synchronise with my computer through my infra-red port as my bluetooth doesn't exist and I won't pay the $100 to get one.

Tomorrow, I will exchange it for a Nokia camera phone. It seems to get lower reviews and has less memory, but maybe it won't piss me off. I honestly don't know why I hate my Sony, but I do... resistant to change? I don't need the camera as I have a nice one, I don't need the MP3 player as I have an iPod. But.... umm.... oh! I don't have an FM radio, and the phone does!

I didn't pay for it, I got it in leiu of rent from Jam who has now found a nice apartment to live in and I need a new phone as my old super-phone ($30) doesn't work because I gave it the New Orleans special treatment as it was in my waterproof OUTSIDE pocket in a typhoon and I didn't close the flap on the pocket. It's replacement keeps turning off from being dropped too many times by whoever had it before me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 2:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home