Sunday, September 11, 2005

Square One

Well, I was trying to decide where to go for supper today, it's Saturday and that means I can go at a time where everyone's open. Well, there is my favorite restaraunt, it's a pasta restaraunt in a tiny alley downtown. They don't take reservations and you have to wait in line for about an hour to get a table and by then, there is a 50/50 chance they have run out of lasagna, the whole reason for going. So, that wasn't my thing even though it's dirt cheap. So, I went to Mamamia's pasta, part of the Amy's restaraunt group for foreigners that includes Smokey Joe's. Well, I had French Onion soup, Salad, Beef Ravioli, a banana milkshake and a piece of Oreo cheesecake for dessert. Well, that was $20CAN wasted, the Onion soup looked like gravy, it wasn't good, the salad had some super sweet mango dressing or something, yuck, the pasta was 50 percent garlic and it was chopped so fine that I couldn't pick it out, and the Oreo cheesecake was mediocre. The shake was good though.

I have decided to eat at a new place every night till my parents get here. This will let me lose weight (cause the food will suck more often than not) and maybe I can find a place I like. YOU try going to a restaraunt and looking at the Chinese menu and ordering the 27th thing on the menu because you can't read it. So, this is my new quest as I have decided that there are only 2 good places in this town. One only has lasagna on weekends and waiting sucks, and the other get's tiring.

Hmmm... not too much interesting, my place is livable, my laundry is done, and I still don't have cable... I don't miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home