Thursday, September 08, 2005

Farewell Sir Snick.

Well, our beloved roomate, Sir Snick (A.K.A. Nick) has departed for greener pastures and cleaner nostrils... he'll be back, oh yes... he will be back. Once he faces the stench of $1.35/l gas, and G8 living costs. Oh, parting is such sweet sorrow.

Anyways, he was the coolest roomate I've ever seen. Paul and I both got ditched by Sir Nick, something about T-3 hours and he's not done packing. So, we had a packing party. My Chinese skills were tested as Nick wasn't going to make the original bus, I called to schedule the next bus.

Last night was Sir Snick's goodbye party. We (Theresa, Sandra, Paul, John and I) took Sir S. out for greek food at John's restaraunt, "The Parthenon." It was ok, I had Mousaka, it was kind of like a crappy lasagna/sheppards pie but there was little cheese, the mashed potatoes were baked flour and water and it was exquisitly small. It was fairly good actually. Then we went to my old place to have a few drinks before we made any decisions. Everyone was up for taking Nick to the "Crazy Horse" dancing bar. I would call it a strip club, but the girls don't really show anything, it's more like a bikini show... they even keep their tops on!!! The girls even tried to motivate Nick for an hour or so, but could only get an "Oh, I don't know, I have stuff in the morning, tomorrow night, I promise." Well, it WAS his last real night, but he didn't go so the girls went home at 2am as we had to work today. Paul and I got in on him and we had some more drinks. Then, we went managed to get into a cab. Well, with me sleepy in the back and Nick not being able to speak Chinese, Paul was the man of the hour. Paul had been drinking, too. So, Paul started shouting off random street names and that's where the cabbie went. The cab fare is about $120NT ($5CAN) so, after we hit the $300NT mark, Paul mentioned about the high fare and how the cabbie is trying to rip us off... nope, Paul was trying to rip us off, the cabbie was taking the most direct routes to our screwed up directions. Finally, Ii came to my senses and said "Crazy Horse" in Chinese, the cabbie knew of the bar and got us there in $20NT. So, $330NT for the city tour with our celebrity guest guide, Paul, and another $20NT to get to where we wanted to go. Well, we made sure Nick had a good time and somehow managed to get another taxi home... $120NT.

I was sooooo tired this morning. I got home at 6am, I was drinking, and I had done the dubious thing and had offered to go early and hand out flyers for my school in the morning. I was at work at 10:30AM, I NEVER start before 1:30PM, so this was early. I drank 2 liters of Lipton Ice Tea and felt fine. I cleaned my apartment and got ready for work again.

My 5:00 class rocked today. I was kind of tired so I told my students to do everything for me today. Well, I think I might do this every day. Ivy did roll call for me, then we played a game, then I wanted to do our novel so Nancy came and took my clipboard, put it in my basket and handed me my reader book. Vincent came and took my Ice Tea and held it infront of the air conditioner for most of the class... how cool is that?!?!?! I had my students write EVERYTHING on the board for me instead of me doing it today. Pretty cool group of kids. For breaktime, I grabbed a huge puzzle of the earth and tossed the pieces on the floor and said "breaktime." Vincent came and put the small garbage can under my feet for the 10 minute break and Annie offered me a shoulder massage which I had to decline. Then I was off work, I came home to deal with the landlord coming to fix my shower and stuff. It was all good.

Cheers Nick.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you call this work?????Breta

Friday, September 09, 2005 3:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home