Thursday, September 15, 2005

Methanol flavored toothpaste.

I forgot what prompted me to post last time...

It was late at night and I needed to go buy some toothpaste before bed (my emergency hotel tube ran out) and so I hopped on my bike to go to the 24hr store. Remember when I said motorbikes are awesome and idiot proof because they have a reserve gas tank? Well, I have adjusted to this and can now drive 5 days on the reserve... yes, I know. Well, this fine evening was the beginning of day 6, but I was smart... then smarter. I decided that gas should be the first thing, and then, I saw the rack of toys to reward me for my patronage. Filling with gas is just like going to the dentist, after, you can pic a toy from the toy chest. Usually, you can get a bottle of water or box of tissue for your $4CAN fill. I put in $14 and... BEHOLD!!! A tube of toothpaste was at my disposal!!! Not just a little tiny tube, but a big tube of Chinese toothpaste, approved by the Taiwan Dental Association and recommended by 3 out of 4 Dr. Wangs.... or the sticker simply says, "To help keep your canine's canines strong and healthy." Whatever it is, it tastes good and says it has flouride and DCP. It's probably made by foreigners for foreigners cause the brand is WHITEman's toothpaste. The Chinese side probably says YELLOWman's toothpaste, but who'll know the difference?

So, I did something new last night. It's very hot (32C) in Taiwan right now and I only have air conditioning in my room so I leave the windows open and the patio doors. Well, the screens were gone on the patio doors were gone and I haven't been able to find a shop to replace it. My new neihbour had some screen in her garbage box outside her door and Ii asked where she got it from and if she might write me a note. She simply told me to have hers, so I did. There was barely enough to do my doors, it was easy enough to do, but I wound up going around the door 3 times until I thought it was tight enough.

Things at school are melting down nicely, I'm ready to duck and cover. I'm fine and things are going well for me, but one of our 4 secretaries' father wound up in the ICU at the hospital, Keith is leaving for 3 weeks on Friday and we have run out of classrooms and things are getting changed around... meaning mixed up. So, after Keith leaves, no one will be freaking out but things will continue into thier spiral of chaos.

When he gets back, I am on vacation and he is subbing my classes, poor kids.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure the toothpaste was for human consumption? Breta

Thursday, September 15, 2005 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home