Friday, November 25, 2005

I am so touched...

A mosquito gave his life today, for one drop of my blood. I was so touched, but not as touched as he was. Wham!

Anyways, on another note, my boss watched me do some phonics today, he'll tell me tomorrow how I did, I hope it's ok because he was in a sarcastic mood... stupid head.

I sorted out my ticket today, I had to go one day later because finding a sub turned out to be a hassle from all sides, management was the easiest part, finding a sub was the impossible part and my boss had already called all the people I was going to check with (on my behalf, so that was nice) but also, the whole parents incident visiting time off thing got disturbed again, geesh...

Umm, teaching is feeling nicer, seems after making my kids miserable, they don't want "Angry teacher" anymore. Breaks have been shorter and fun and stuff is fewer and far between... free speech is a memory and injustice rules. I like being a dictator and my afternoon class seems to respond quite well to an unpredictible, moody, schitzophrenic, and unjust dictator... I mean teacher.

It's been going for a week and today, they didn't ask to play a game when one student was being silly, they freaked at the student... on an even stranger note, they got a not saying there would be no school for 2 weeks at Christmas and they were dissapointed... What the heck is wrong with these kids? I take away break time and games and keep them after class writing lines and they want more? Damn, soon I will have to force them to color as punishment. Kids are .... actually, I don't know what to type, so fill in the blanks please.

If Keith would dissolve back into the abyss again, I think I would actually really get into teaching again, I have been in an apathetic lull for a while and I'm starting to really enjoy going to work again. I have always liked working, but not actually GOING to work, I don't want to go, but once I'm there, it's ok. Now, I actually don't mind going again.

My cousin made it back to Vancouver and soon, I will also be in the country I like to call, "Cleanada," yes, I made that up right now... but you can breathe the air and drink the water, and except for in my hometown, you might not die! Some of the locals even speak fluent English, a rare treat for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home