Thursday, August 04, 2005

Steve Irwin, eat my bubbles!

Well, I signed up for the advanced open water SCUBA course.

Today we will do a navigation dive and a buoyancy and breathing dive, then this evening, we will do a night dive! Wahoo!!! Let's hope he put Duracel in them torches, that could suck.

Mom, don't read this part please! Tomorrow is the big day, we will dive to 30m (100feet) and chase blacktipped sharks and reef sharks, we've also been promised to see the big barricudas!!! Wahoo!!!! We will probably only get 15 minutes to chase sharks as we use more air at 30 meters. And the sharks will be swimming AWAY from us, as to why it's called shark chasing and not swimming like hell.

Ok, Mom, you can read now. Then we do some other dive tomorrow, I can't remember what it is.

This outfit that I'm diving with seems to be pretty good, it's PADI 5 star approved and they seem to actually care that we know what we know what we are doing BEFORE we dive. And lots of practicing the stupid stuff that we don't like to do; like swimming without our masks, taking off our equipment in the water and other dumb stuff.

So, we finish tomorrow (Friday) at 1:00pm, then I hop a boat to Chupei city and then a bus to Bangkok, then a hotel nap for 6 hours, then shopping for an hour, then a taxi to the airport, then a plane to Taipei, then a 5 hour bus to Kaohsiung, then a taxi to my home, then sleep, then unpack, then do nothing (yeah right) on Sunday, then working on Monday a full day because someone decided to take a longer holiday and I said I'd take his night class. Man, why can't I just stay in Thailand on holiday forever?

Meh, nothing lasts forever. I guess I'll see the Taiwan crew soon. Being home would be kind of nice, I miss my motorbike and... and... and... umm... I miss my motorbike.

Colin, off to the slightly deeper blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home