Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Green bloodded!

Well, I am neither noble nor pesant... I am superhuman!

How do I know this? Well, nobility is blue blooded, commonfolk are red blooded, but me? I am GREEN blooded!!! Figure that one out. I was down at 18 meters (51 feet) under the deep blue and I started to see some green liquid in my mask... yuck, so I took my mask off and wiped my nose, a little more green liquid. Cool, my nose is bleeding just a little, must of popped a vessle under the pressure (3ATM/bars) so that's three times the pressure of sea level. So, then I pulled the bandaid off my thumb to compare (nicked it on something) and it spit out a little stream of green, cool!

I asked why my blood was green once we were back on the boat and my dive master gave me some bullcrap story about the water breaking up the sunlight into a prism or something and after a while, red gets filtered out followed by the other colours the furthur down you go. But I know the truth... I am SUPERMAN!!! Born on the planet Krypton, sent to save the world and frollic in it's splendor!

On this dive we saw 5 reef sharks followed by humdreds of barricudas!!! I got some pictures from my underwater disposable camera and one of the divers took a video, so I might buy that. We did lot's of cool stuff and even though I have gone diving many times before, I now know what I'm doing and why. I can take my mask off at 18 meters, my respirator hose, I can do prettymuch everything. I also tripped out, got some vertigo, wow! What a trip! I was 10 meters down and everything spun right around 360 once, then again a minute later. Everyone around me was fine, but not being able to see the ground or the surface, only blue, kind of throws your senses, everyone was behind me so I had no reference point. I knew what was going on and that it must be vertigo so I didn't freak out.

Another crew was doing rescue training and so there were a bunch of people making an ass out of themselves yelling for help and them people jumping in and pulling or pushing them to the boat. One of them pushed a guy from far away to our boat, one of our dive masters asked him why the heck he is tiring himself out pushing this guy so far, he said that the guy got bit by a trigger fish and had passed out at 10 meters (33 feet) for a minute. They hauled him onto the deck and laid him down. The fish had taken a chunk out of his leg the size of a ciggie butt. They had oxygen on the boat incase he passed out again. He was in a different dive team, but it looked sore.

I'll post more later about my trip. But, I have been on 10 dives this week, some of them down to 19 meters (57 feet?), I have seen sharks, turtles, angelfish, trigger fish, bat fish, garoupers, pirate fish, barricudas, sea urchins, clams, giant clams, eels, snakes, starfish, butterfly fish, and, did I mention SHARKS!!!! It's been cool, but a little tough on the ears, doing a 4 day course in 3 days.

I was asked if I wanted to do my advanced course this week, but that would mean 7 more dives in 2 days right up till my boat left. I don't know, it's also another 7000Baht ($300CAN). I'll decide tonight, it means I can dive to 40 meters (150feet), dive with Nitrogen gas and dive at night. Who knows, I don't know what to do now. I still feel like I'm in the boat, haven't got my land legs yet.

By the way, thanks for posting comments, since I blogged, you don't meed to email me asking about stuff, you just read my blog. So, when you comment, I know you read it and it's nice to know what you think. I'm happy that I started this blog and I hope to stick with it. So, thanks for commenting.
Also, if anyone has any interest in making a blog, it's sooooooo easy. I'm not hinting to anyone, I'm just saying it's easy if anyone wants one.

Well, off to the pub for the official paperwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home