Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Dad, you'd be proud.

I did it!

Well, I haven't had a compelling desire to do so, but my dad seems to.

I got to phone my editor and say, "Stop the presses!"

There was a mistake on the opening hours of a restaurant in one of the articles. I know this, because I went there with Candy at the 'open' time, and was told it was still closed for another hour.

Anyways, the magazine had already been sent out for printing, so they actually had to 'stop the presses' or at least the printing process. This is Taiwan and there's not really much red tape yet with business processes, so I figure they can just edit it in the computer for a sec and it will print out just fine... it's probably very anticlimactic.

It would be much cooler if there was a huge red lever to pull, bringing smoke and steam billowing out of the pressing machines as they lurch to a grinding halt... ...nope, a phone call and pressing the 'send' button for an email was about as exciting as it got.

Picture:
This pulled up beside me on the highway while I was waiting for the green light on my way home from work the other day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home