Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Been there, done that, shopping for the bloody T-shirt.

Well, it happened. Welcome to Thailand, you've been robbed.

Yep, got robbed, went to a travel agency and set m moneybelt down and it got skimmed. Lost about $400 bucks Canadian. Anyways, it sucked. So, I'm returning there after my trip here and I'm still not sure what to do.

No proof, tried to call the cops but couldn't seem to get the payphone to work right, even if I did manage, I have no idea where I was. The shop clearly denied it, so I asked them to call the cops. Ten minutes later a guy shows up on a scooter with a baseball cap with a sherrif star on it saying he's the cops... didn't have a gun, badge, uniform, police bike or ID.

So, I know who it was, but still unsure of what can be done. Ideas are to be accepted. I kind of just think I got screwed and that's it. I've been thinking of buying him a maltov cocktail when I go back, but that would probabl just wind me up in the last place I want to go. I'll see the police tomorrow and see what can be done. The bills weren't sequential, and the only witnesses are his buddies who probably split up the spoils.

Anyways, we found a neat cozy hut on the beach for $10/night and we still have $600 and nine nights to go. Should be alright... barely.

Anways, were on Koh Samui beach...ON THE ACTUAL BEACH, Lamah beach, but I don't remember what hotel. Amity hotel or something.

Anways, please submit any ideas...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole point of a money belt is not to take it off..Sorry man it sucks...

Sunday, July 22, 2007 4:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a rip off! Sorry to hear about your robery.
Breta

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 3:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home