Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Someone once said a million monkeys using a million keyboards could reproduce the complete works of William Shakespeare.

Thanks to MySpace, we now know that to be entirely false."


- Brandon W.


Well, I'm famous. Yep...
I spent Saturday afternoon sitting next to Love River cheering on some bikers for a commercial for E. Sun bank. Yep, I was the token white guy, actually there were a few of us. One of my friends, Bill, (people I barely know, but do know) asked me to come for this and bring some friends, so I brought my cousin, a co-worker and another friend. About $100CAN ($2500TWD) for a couple hours in the park beside the river ain't bad.

Bill took me to meet the producer and then Bill left. The producer liked my size, beard and energy (Yes, Sheri, my BEARD!!! See, it's cool.) and wants me to come to Taipei to do some more work, but more involved than being an extra. He'll buy me a plane ticket, car service, hotel (or his place if I prefer) and get me a lot more money than I made today... more importantly, I'll get on TV. He's got some commercial coming up for some insurance company where I'm supposed to defend a big house on the beach from a bunch of Chinese guys coming from the surf... whatever, it might be cool, and they'll pay me. He's going to send a copy of the bank commercial to me, so I'll try to get it home. I took some pictures on the set and I look good, they had this huge lighting system set up and even though it was raining, it felt sunny on set.

Yep, they had guys sweeping the gutters to keep the rainwater from flowing onto the set, everyone had jackets, then 30 seconds before shoot, the director would yell, "WaiTow!!! (Jackets)" and we'd all toss our jackets and think warm thoughts. I think it went well, some guy's going to have some time erasing the raindrops and dulling the glare from my head.

It was good.

Saturday afternoon and Sunday? I went to Candy's mom's place and listened to them speak Taiwanese, which I don't speak. I asked Candy if we could all just speak Chinese, but I guess my Chinese is much better than theirs... just not gonna last for more than 5 mins, so we didn't ask. We went to the hot springs close to Candy's mom's home, it was good.


The pupil who is never required to do what he cannot do, never does what he can do.

-John Stuart Mill

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Movie Star, can I have your autograph before you start selling them!! Sounds like fun.
Breta

Monday, January 29, 2007 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home