Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The ship has sunk.

Well, I don't remember Saturday, I think I slept it away, which is nice sometimes. Sunday morning, I went to a University where my morning kindie kids were doing their Chinese New Year show, yuck. Too much freaking out about nothing, too many cameras, not enough talent.

Anyways, it went ok, I finished at 1:00pmish, and that was it. I don't remember Sunday afternoon much either.

Monday was ok, my co-teacher's grandmother passed away on the weekend, I gave her a traditional "White Envelope" with about $40CAN in it to help pay for the flowers and the grave, etc. I guess her grandmother was taken care of or something as she turned me down. She said that they weren't accepting envelopes from anyone, and I guess this sometimes happens.

Today (Tuesday), I went to my school I had been waiting on, and found that they had given the job to a 'Younger, fresher, cheaper, monkey that would work for much less than anyone I know.' Anyways, they didn't make the class size they wanted, only 4 students. Also, they found someone who just swam off the boat from England who would work for NT$420 ($16)/ hour, the lowest wage I have ever HEARD of, is NT$525 (about $20). Anyways, I told them that if the monkey isn't worth his peanuts, I'll take the monkey's place for $650. Back on the job prowl, 3 possible schools came up for me today through my inbox, worth a look. I'm still in a not too bad place for work and pay, so, time is not really a problem. Just creeping through the jobs till I find one that's fantastic. I'm looking for something to replace my current afternoon and evenings, but what I have still works well... I just want better... always want better.

Then I subbed for someone at the last minute, then went to my evening job, then my night tutoring. So, I worked from 8:30am to 9:30pm, with a one hour break for lunch, yeah... goodnight, I'm going to sleep.

P.S. Candy's mom seems to be doing ok, as soon as her blood sugar drops, they'll let her out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home