Thursday, February 01, 2007

Candy's Big Birthday Botch.

Well, it was Candy's birthday on Wednesday, HotPot (yuck), some shopping and a movie, what a wonderful night....

...never happened. Her mom wound up in ChiShan Hospital for elevated blood pressure, so Candy camped out there last night and I guess tonight. Anyways, I'm off to ChiShan to see her mom (whose Chinese is less than mine, but somehow we manage to talk, she speaks only Taiwanese, I don't).

It worked out, as last night, I was to come to an in person interview for this new school, we did the first bit bilingually, but Chinese seemed more comfortable for both of us. For the second half, when the big boss came, he asked which I preferred and I said either is ok, so he asked if we could do the interview in Chinese. So, they offered me less than what I would work for, and I told them that it's never going to happen, then they offered me a base bottom of the barrel price (not a bad wage), I said possible, but still don't know. So, they asked what I wanted and I told them my fair price. Too high, it's against policy, can we meet in the middle? Nope, I think my price is quite fair... it was. The "big boss" asked me to do a demo, so that he could convince the "second boss" to give me what I want. Whatever, I did a good demo and they'll call me tomorrow. I am skeptic of the whole "convincing" thing, but whatever seems to work best for them, I'm not dependent on this particular job, and my "sources" tell me the job pays on time and there are no rumors surrounding this place, so no news is at least not bad news. The seem to be similar to my old school, and seem to have some good things going.

I hope it all works out, wow, I did a job interview in Chinese!!!

Anyways, off to ChiShan to bring some makeup and to see Candy's mom, it's about hour's drive.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happpy B-day Candy sry to hear bout ur mom

Nicole

Friday, February 02, 2007 1:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home