Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Don't know what I have gotten myself into.

Well, I am at a loss of what I have gotten myself into, but I just did a job interview with an evening school COMPLETELY in Chinese... cool, huh? So, this should give me Monday to Friday from 4:30-8:30PM and should bump my Monthly total salary to over $115,000 a month (Taiwanese)!!! And, NO WEEKENDS!!! Yaaay!

Who knows, he wants a demo tomorrow. Yes, I think his English is ok, but it just seemed to go better once we started speaking Chinese (after the first minute of English).

It's Candy's birthday tomorrow, and she got a gift from my mom, some cool Chinese Canadian stamps for New Years. By the way, Mom, you owe me an apology, your cards had tons of English writing on them... guess who had to spend 30 minutes interpreting Hallmark "fuzzies". Grandma had the grace to send me a SHORT and sweet card for Candy.

Anyways, it was sweet, and the pop-out card was pretty cool, Candy loved it.

Off to bed... today was a 13.5 hour work day. Not planned that way, but winter vacation changed my afternoon "day care" into a long day (usually my day off), morning school had a New Years play practice, adding an extra hour and a half onto my morning, then evening class and then tutoring... good thing I drive my bike a foot off the ground.

Oh, I've been doing magic tricks with my kids. The coin into the elbow, behind the ear, and a few more... but today... I took the cake. My kids were unimpressed.

They begged me for a new trick, and we were bored at the New Years recital, so I took them outside for "THE ULTIMATE TRICK!!!" LEVITATION!!! My students thought this was an awesome concept and were convinced that, not even I, could do it.

So, i started with a short run and behold!!! I had levitated almost 20 unsuspecting subjects! Before, they were just eating their dinner, minding their own business, and then bang, levitated, higher and higher, round and round... I set them back down, on the roof of a 4 story building. Kids just don't get excited about pigeons anymore.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! That's $4,120 a month CDN. And ... your levitation trick really could use some work. Btw, you can learn some new magic tricks when you come home to visit in the early spring. RJB

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home