Friday, February 16, 2007

Welcome to 'Chateau de Moi'

Well, off to LeoGuei for Chinese New Year. I lost the first half of this post, cause I'm a little dumb. Valentines was great, we went to a Cajun restaurant for some shrimp, crab, French Onion soup, Steaks, a bottle of wine, Blue Cheese salad, and some bread pudding for dessert, yummy.
Yesterday, we (Candy, ShiaoMing and I) went to Love River downtown to walk in the park. This is ShaioMing (No Englsih name), Candy's friend and I on a rock in the park. It was fun, then we went to Jason's, an Australian grocery store, for some steaks. We bought 2 beef steaks and two chicken steaks for CAN$20. Made some spaghetti, toast and then threw the meat on the BBQ... wow... we cut our steaks with a fork. They were so good. Anyways, I have been searching for a good steakhouse for a long time and finally found one, 'Chateau du Moi'. There will defiantely be a repeat offence. We also rented a couple movies, The Guardian (good) and 'Curse of the Golden Flowers' (Chinese), it was fantastic... and subtitled.

As far as last weekend, we went to LeoGuei and Candy's brother lent me his sport bike to go tripping in the mountains. Yep, it's 1981, 25 years old. No, it can't do wheelies (my old sportbike could), but it handled nicely on the windy roads. I'm a big guy though, my legs are long, the bike isn't as long. As we were cruising, I realized why all the sport bikes are Japanese... Europeans simply don't fit. Anyways, it was fun anyways, and I liked the ride, I just wish I could have lasted a little longer. We made it an hour up the mountain and then an hour break and then an hour down. Next weekend, I'll do it again, but on my bike, maybe make a day of it, just beautiful. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Snicklefritz said...

Hey Bro, give me a call. Neat Pic!!!

Your lil sis.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
I'm glad that you're having fun. Chinese New Year must have been crazy, it was here! I had a great time though, I went to the parade w/ my roomates who are Chinese and just goofeed.
NOt a lot going on with me, well we know that's usually a lie but nothing of huge interest to others. School is getting busier, if that's possible. I'm going on practicum soon for 13 weeks and will be teaching all of it for most of the time.
Mom and Dad are good, I'm assuming you were told that Dad retired in October. It's nice to have him around actually. Okay not a lot else to report. Have a great week
Theresa

Sunday, March 04, 2007 3:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home