Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Candied" tomatoes.

Well, yesterday, Candy and I slept till 2pm, then she fried some eggs in the kitchen for some sandwiches. Sleeping in was so nice, then we went to the night market (day market of second hand things) and then to Love River to go for a walk. It was alright, then we went for some Lasagna at a pasta restaurant, that was good. Then my buddy, Jaco, and his girlfriend came over, he was going to call first and wasn't sure if he was coming. Anyways, I was on the phone and the doorbell rang. I've made it quie clear to my security, that night time and mornings are MY time, and that any questions can be made in the afternoon. So, I figured it was security and threw the door open as I stood in my undies... for Jaco and his girlfriend to see (it was meant to deter my security guards). Anyways, Jaco said he was hungry and was thinking of going somewhere to buy food, so I just fried up some steaks, spaghetti sauce and spaghetti, yummy, yummy! Jaco's "just for a sec before we go" led to a beer run downstairs and lots of great talk. The girls watched endless TV shows of stupid but somewhat funny stuff awhile Jaco and I talked. We tried to listen to the show, but they talked so quickly and we can't read the subtitles, so it was so much effort and not much fruit.

This morning, I woke Candy up at noon and we loaded up my iPod with some Chinese songs as I wanted to get out of the city, I didn't care where. We wound up going to MeiNong, the umbrella factory place. They had some fields of tomatoes for the picking and we picked 2kg's of Cherry tomatoes, I hope they're good, they were good on the vine. We hit the traditional market for some mushrooms and chicken breasts (the chickens were sitting in cages behind the woman selling the chicken). BBQ and mashed potatoes (thank's Mom!) along with cattleboyz sauce. We have spent the rest of the evening relaxing infront of the tv and watched a dvd, not bad. Money's still tight, but I am seeing the light, I have $20 for tomorrow and then I get some money on Tuesday so I can pay my bills. Luckily, I will get some owed cash on the 5th along with my paycheck which should cinch the deal. If not, I can always sell one of my scooters, but Candy's scooter isn't worth fixing (it drives, but barely has brakes, doesn't have shocks, no starter, lights are toast and it doesn't run all that well) so she's driving the scooter I bought for Greg's visit, I need to figure out what to do with my other scooter I have lent out as the Plum rains are coming and I don't want to have to drive a motorbike in the rain or typhoons, I did that a little bit at the end of season last year and it sucked, the front wheel just splashed the crap out of you and you slip around more. Anyways, I'll figure something out... I always do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home