Thursday, January 18, 2007

The hunt is on.

Well, this last month has lead to many changes in my life.

First, my working life, my Monday evening class has been canceled due to my advanced students being pressured to do well in their final year of high school... English is not part of the University entrance test. My Thursday night job has seemed to fall into the same trap, yep, my DaShu small town job where even the police don't wear helmets. Yes, I am the ONLY foreigner who works or lives in this town, talk about staring... my favorite job.

Last month, my evening boss asked me to work at his branch school close to my house, 20 hours a week in the evening and maybe some in the afternoon. He's a cool boss, I ask him if I can "just not come in today" and if he's free, he'll simply teach my class for me. So, I always have good notes on what I have been teaching in this class and where I intend to go with it. I work for him at his "way in the hell on the other side of the city" school and like everything but the 30 minute drive each way. This other branch is about a 90 second drive. This would take almost all of the driving out of my life and provide me with one job, one boss, and one problem. I would still have my morning drive to another city for my Kindergarten, but I'm usually not awake enough to mind the drive or even realize that I am actually doing something.

However, I do like having many smaller jobs. Time off is easy, they only have to cancel/sub one class. If it's a full time job, they have more pull than you do.
I think it's worth a shot, might mess up my afternoon job a bit, but that job's been passively kept since it started, I think I can work around it with my boss, she's worked around things in the past, she knows I like teaching, she loves my teaching and she knows that I really try to accommodate everywhere I work, including her. When she's only giving me 5 hours a week, at an hour a day, she understands that somethings have to give. She simply can't give me any more time.

Luckily, I seem to have more options than problems. My morning job is enough to keep me going by itself, but, I have higher goals.

Also, Candy's been fantastic, she's pretty much moved in with me. She has really made my life a wonderful place to be. She tries so hard to make my life what it is, and I like to think I return the favor. She left her job so that I could spend more time with her, and things have worked out better than what is possible. She likes what I do, and she cares.

Money has been tighter than ever, and she heads out the the traditional market every day to buy some chicken and corn or something so that I can barbecue it for dinner. She goes running in the park every morning when I'm at work. She let's me cook and watches me when she can and she cleans up when I'm done.

Yep, I'm cooking now. Now that I have someone to cook for, I have REALLY got into cooking. I've been trying tons of new things. The BBQ ran out of gas and so I threw the chicken breast on the stove, in some virgin oil, added some garlic salt, chilli powder, fresh tomatoes, green peppers, some fresh herbs and I added some spaghetti sauce, wow! Made some spaghetti and as the bbq was out, I made a small oven out of tinfoil over the gas stove to bake the garlic bread. By the way, if you add some whiskey to your chicken breast before you finish cooking it , it adds a nice sweet flavor to it, be careful on a gas stove, I managed not to light it up. Then I stewed the chicken in a tomato pasta sauce and served over spaghetti with some cobs of corn on the side. Mmmmmm......

This weekend, Candy wants to do some painting with me in my new studio. I have moved almost all the stuff out of Reg's old room and now I have a clean spacious painting studio. Now, if only I knew how to paint. I guess we'll learn together. For Christmas, I bought her a super nice camera, a Canon Ixus 900Ti ,it's 10 Mega Pixels, 3x optical, 2.5" screen, 3200iso (almost no noise!) and a really cool tracking box that locks onto any moving object or anything that looks like a face and tracks it like a jet fighter targeting system, the box will move with the subject all over the screen. It also has some super macro system which is really fantastic if you ever need it (rare) and it has image stabilization for those shaky hands, yep, it works. Anyways, she has a little tripod for it, but usually steals my big one, she really seems into this photography thing... yeah...

We even wrestle and she makes me do push ups with her laying on my back, she's only 100lbs. She likes to take flying leaps onto my back when I'm not expecting it and one day, she'll probably crash and burn and take me with her, but we'll have fun until that fateful day.

On a sadder note, my motorcycle is parked. Yep, I noticed some duct tape stuck to my back wheel today, just a little bit. Not duct tape, but the threads that make up my tire. I've had flat tires on scooters and bikes So, I took my scooter to work this evening. My tire has been on order for 5 weeks now, it's in tomorrow.

What else? I dunno... but it's almost Friday, that's nice. I'll post on Greg and Nicole's trip soon.

P.S. That poem about the dog's life, was just something I copied off the net, none of it is mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home