Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Fifth Row.

Well, I have stumbled upon a travel secret that I may share with you now. I tried this in the airplane from Canada to Taiwan at Christmas and was told not to. But on the Vietnam bus... no problem.

For my 23 hour bus ride from Saigon to Hoi An, the seats sucked, not really comfy and the bus was full... except for... "The Fifth Row". Huh? Well, there are 2 rows on each side of the bus, window rows, and aisle rows. There is a secret fifth row, right down the isle, plenty of foot room, with a backpack under your head, you don't get bumped on the head on the bumps, not really soft, but as there's no bathroom, there's no walking on you, just getting up every 4 hours at the rest stops. On the latest ride, the bus driver threw a tatami mat at me, to soften the floor a little, it was a little better.

Anyways, the hotel manager is waiting to take me back to the hotel, guess I'll get on later.

P.S. I still can't read my blog due to objectionable content, but comments are emailed to me... so far it's been working.
I will go to HuLong bay tomorrow for a 3 day boat tour and then to the hill tribes in Sapa in the northernest part of Vietnam for 4 days after that. Then, I will go to Laos. As I am on the boat, someone will be running around doing my Visa applications, it should be finished when I get back. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home