Saturday, July 15, 2006

"Like a Cat!!!"

(Forward note: I'm fine)

"Like a Cat!" said Reg, after he leaped from his iron horse, moments before his scooter was eaten by the ferocious Automotus Speediusus.

Well, it must be genetic. I was cleaning and found a key... hmmm, is it for my bedroom door? Nope, I think it's for my parents home in Canada. Well, as I was cleaning the apartment, the Typhoon blew my bedroom door shut... and the wind must have pushed the little lock knob in, too (I wouldn't have left the button in). My phone was on my bed, it's 3:30am and Reg is out.

Well, I have no key, no friends phone numbers and no roomate/cousin to back me up. I went to the security and asked him to call the locksmith, he's in Ping Dong (45 mins away). Reg is not coming home and well, I still have no key.

The guard came up to my home and I demonstrated how I wanted to climb over the railing on my 10th floor balcony and over to where my window ledge was... it's ok, my tow-rope will be tied to my waist and the railing, all I need is someone to call the police. "Nope, nuh-uh. My heart will stop if I see you climb out there." says my fearless guard... so much for asking him to do it, I hate heights.

Well, I put the rope away, the security went back to his post. I called Reggie (the only number I know by heart) from security and told him the plan, he's out for a couple more hours at least. Damn...

Well, 10 minutes later, I went back to the security and told him not to bother calling the locksmith... for an Asian guy, he's got huge eyes.

Yep, I did it... and lived to tell. I climbed out on the 10th floor window ledge in a typhoon just to crawl back into the same apartment. In all fairness, I had a 7/8" rope around my waist, and to the balcony, and another balcony below I could climb into. What a rush! Who needs paragliding? -Meow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home