Tuesday, July 11, 2006

3 for 3

Well, it's been a busy time for me, ever since Reg (my other cousin) came. Not that he has really been keeping me busy, but my world is unfolding into something new... somewhat...

He's been here for three weeks and has had 3 scooter accidents... you'd think that's bad driving, but the second and third weren't his fault.

The first, we roll out of the basement parking the the driveway. I tell him, "Nice and easy." I give my bike some gas as I turn left onto the street... these loud revving and then grinding sounds come from behind me. It kind of remonds me of the forst time I got onto my scooter. I wonder what this thing can do, I gunned it to the max and then made a right turn, it wobbled like Santa Clause on Christmas morning. I almost crashed.

I looked behind me, just to see my scooter doing a nice spin on it's side and Reg getting up. He was fine and the new scuffs on the scooter matched the scuffs of, "All those who drove before him."

Who has crashed my scooter? Me (parking block into field), my dad (sideswiped from behind), Nick (former roomate, flat out, into centre median), Theresa (side median, concrete block), Paul (lamp post... reversing), Anna (friend, some weird sideways grabbed the gas too hard kind of thing and didn't let go), Reg. The only person I can think of who missed this list is Jennifer... she was busy getting sideswiped on her own or driving into wet cement pools on her way to work.)

Second crash was turning left, he had his signal light on, he was on the centre line and some stupid woman on a scooter comes in from behind in the oncoming lane and clips him as he turns. No damage, she didn't even stop, just slowed a little.

Sunday night, Reg decided to drive in a Typhoon to TaiNan, a city about an hour north of here. He wanted to go see the girl from the wedding at another reception. Only one ticket was available and my friend in TaiNan was busy, so I stayed here... an hour on a scooter in a typhoon?!?!?! Talk about wet. He was stopped at a light and some car hit thier horn and then hit the scooter from behind.

"LIKE A CAT!!!" says Reg! The scooter was undewr the front of the car a little and Reg had leaped from the scooter at the last moment, and landed on his feet. No one was more suprised than Reg, the people in the car freaked out that he might be hurt or something, he said he was ok and the rest was lost in translation. He called his friend he was seeing and she talked to the driver.

The rest? Well, he got the license plate, as to report the claim to fix the bike... it's just not going to work out. The brake handle was broken, side panneling fell off and the "dash" deflector was broken. Seeing as the driver wasn't really reachable, Reg had to wait the 20 minutes and fork out the CAN$11 to replace the brake handle and the front deflector as well as refit the back panel... never happen in Canada.

The bike looks the same, it's a brute.

Let's hope this weekly activity ends. Full face helmets are hot, but they keep your smile smilin'.

More to post later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home