Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Over my head.

Well, I am over my head in life.

I bought a camera that I don't understand, I'm fumbling for security here, lining up a new job to keep my citizenship issues on track, trying to make sure my kids are up to snuff before the new teacher comes in, trying to decide my vacation, and battling the 35C heat with about a billion percent humidity.

First, my camera. A Canon 30D, I spent way too much on a toy that's way too cool. Something I can't just "figure out", like I tend to do with every other toy that enters my life. I have talked with a few owners of the same toy and haven't heard nothing but greatness. I spent probably 40 hours online and a few on the phone with various people, making sure I got the right camera. I brought it home, played with it... a good portion of my pictures came out black... I had figured out how to set my shutter speed to 1/5000 of a second, step one complete! It feels good to use, the pics come out nice... when I don't mess with the settings. I really love it.

Security... well, my bank accounts, bikes and bills are all under my name, linked to my ID number. If I let my ARC (work permit) lapse, I will be issued a new ID number. Just wondering how this will all pan out. Anyways, instead of dumping my accounts and transferring my bikes... I am trying to wrangle a new school that will hire me now, but let me start in September... it's going well, but time is an issue.

At my old school, I'm just reviewing everything, making sure they know it well, for the new teacher. Just lots of work.

My vacation... I think it's just going to be Vietnam, maybe Laos, but I can decide while in Vietnam. I just need to figure out leaving and returning dates, I'm not restricted by time, so... who knows.

It's hot, and I was skirting burnout... not from the heat. But, things seem to be settling down now and my vacation is soon around the corner.

More to post later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your plans go well!
Breta

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home