Saturday, July 15, 2006

Flooded

This typhoon has flodded my laundry balcony, the tunnels downtown and has closed down my school. It's so wet! Everything is wet! Wet, wet, wet. Imagine more than 300mm of rain a day (I say 300mm, because thet's the charts max, and that's by noon) and driving a motorbike in it.

I've had the last 2 evenings off of work, because it's too dangerous., so only 2 more evenings and then I'm done working.

The first evening, Reggie and I put on our swim shorts and helmets and went out for food and to try an internet gaming place. Rainsuits don't do JACK SQUAT in rain like this, it splashes up your rainpants legs, in your hood, in your wrist holes, through places that once seemed impossible. So, if you can't stay dry, might as well be comfy, swim shorts are the only thing that can be comfortably be worn wet. The water was about 90F (30C) splashing up from the streets. There werent any puddles, just 'pavement spots', or islands if you prefer. Swim shorts also dry quickly.

It was a fun evening, playing games online, eating rice, drinking fruit juice.

Now, this is where "Flooded" comes in:
My job ends on Tuesday, I'm going to Vietnam on Thursday,
Tuesday, my work permit came to my new school, meaning I have to go to the police station with it, and my passport, for about an hour, to get another year out of this place,
Wednesday, I mailed my passport to Taipei for my Vietnam visa,
Thursday, my new boss told me I had gotten my permit two days before and could I please bring my passport in... see Wednesday,
Next Tuesday, my ARC expires and my passport comes back,
Tuesday, I check my mail, go to the poilce, go to work, tie up loose work ends.
Wednesday, pack,
Thursday, got to Vietnam for a month and hope like hell that everything works out.


Vacation sounds good... and then some. A break would be really nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could use some of our great Canadian sunshine!
Breta

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home