Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Raising anchors.

Well, I raised the anchor today, soon, the ship will have sailed. I had the final discussion with my boss... I'm leaving. So, we sorted out my classes, we managed to come up with a plan to merge all of my classes into other classes except for one (it's at full capacity). So, it looks like I have created a machine that no longer needs an operator as I am irreplaceable (as I like to think). So like all great ships, I hope the name emblazed upon this planning ship isn't Titanic. No, I hope this plan soars... but not like the Hindenburg did.

Anyways, I asked Keith about extra holidays this summer and he said no, that prettymuch cinched it. He said he'd help me find a new job and give me a great reference letter.

So, now I have the vacation I have dreamed of. Backpacking through Asia. I have money in the bank, and I will get my year end bonus. Asia is pretty cheap, outside of Philippines, Taiwan and Japan. I figure if I start in Hong Kong, I can work my way through China, Vietnam, Laos, Burma, India... possibly... "The Lumpy Koala"? I'll stop before Pakistan and Afghanistan.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro,
I hope you enjoy your vacation. Call me some time. I have never been so proud of you as with the internet thing!!!!

Also, I never did hear if my B-day card had arrived yet?
Luv ya,
Take care,
Your lil' sis Sheri.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 1:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will have a great summer exploring more of the world. Will enjoy hearing and reading about your travels...Breta

Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home