Monday, May 15, 2006

Taking breaks.

My weekend.

Friday night was a blur at work, Mother's Day crap, so trying to do crafts with my kids... the young ones all came out unscathed, but my older writing class couldn't seem to figure anything out! Was glad to get home from work. Had dinner with a Taiwanese friend, cleaned my bathroom, played Xbox and went to bed.

Saturday, I got up at 10:00 and met up with Freda, a girl who moved to TaiJung. We went for lunch and then grabbed strawberries on shaved milk ice and went to the park at the art museum, then we checked out the museum. She left and I put new shocks on my bike and a new clutch in my scooter. I got some really cool custom shocks, had to modify my bike so they would fit, they did a good job, my shocks were shot and my back tyre was rubbing on the fender on the bumps. Then, I went shopping at Costco, had a Costco hotdog and went to bed.

Saturday, played baseball, it was great.
The ball went through Stu's legs and he missed an easy catch. He said, "that sucked!" Everyone agreed, but Stu was referring to the fact that in his recovery, he had stepped on his beer and there was none left and the inning had just started.
Me? Well, I was up to bat about 7 times, got 3 runs, hit the ball 5 times and twice, it was caught my the pitcher and I had smoked it hard. His pitching was ok, but he's got lightning in his glove.
I was in the outfield and the first 5 hits went straight to me, I only got two of them, the inning was over. Next inning, the first hit was straight to me so I asked one of the better players to just come stand next to me so we can win this bloody game as I'm some magical incompetent ball magnet.
The next inning, one went past 3rd base and to me, as it so happened, Jaco had called my cell cause he might come out to play. Well, third base missed it and I was next, I dropped my phone to cathc the ball, it went through my legs and as I turned to chase it, I stepped on my phone. I love Nokia, made from pure Kevlar.
Phil slid into second base and broke his arm, so someone took him to the hospital. When he came back, he said he had, "a radial fracture of his radius." So, he's out for 6 weeks.

Tonight, I had a BBQ with Jam, Ady, and Paul from Toronto (the guy who invited me to Xiao Lui Chiu Island). Went all out, Shishkebabs with Cherry tomatoes, red peppers, sausages, we had blue cheese salad with croutons (toast busted up) and we had steak... that will NEVER get old. I bought some mangoes for dessert.

Oh yeah, it started to rain before the baseball game, so we got drunk waiting to see what would happen... we still won the game, 14-12. Also, I have blisters on my hands and feet. Great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home