Saturday, August 06, 2005

Captian Nemo's boring post.

I'm tired and back in Bangkok. I think I did 12 dives since Monday = 3 dives a day! But, not only do I have my Open Water license, but I now have my Advanced Open Water license and my Night Diving, Deep Diving, Cave Diving, Naturalist, Breathing and Buoyancy and Shark Wrestling (kidding) Speciality certificates. The Speciality certificates don't really mean that that is my speciality, but that I have had extra training in that area. So, now I can dive 100 feet underwater in a cave at night while taking pictures of the sharks I have wrestled into submission and manage to conserve my air.

So, this week... I've seen:
Sharks (reef sharks and one Great Reef Shark and some black tipped sharks), a Sea Snake (the little blue and white one, the most poisionous one in the world) for like 6 minutes, barricudas (watching them hunt), jellyfish, bioluminescent fish, blue ringed stingray, white stingray, titan triggerfish!!!, starfish, pufferfish, parrotfish, clownfish, lionfish, eels, sea anenomies, garoupers, wrasps, turtles, coral, angelfish, batfish, boxfish, rabbitfish, cuttlefish, octopus, damselfish, shrimp, and a Rottweiler dog named Killer.
Killer stayed with me the whole week (I didn't know it was a Rottweiler until I looked it up tonight). Everyone I walked past made way for this huge beheamoth monster. He was cool, never made a noise, he just followed me everywhere and waited for me. He was big and black, came upto my waist, and I have a high waist, he was built like a tank and liked to laze around. He slept outside my hut at night, waited on the dock for me when I went diving, laid next to the table where I was eating (I never gave him food and he never tried to take it or try to eat me, so I guess we were cool). No one got in our way either, the Thai guys at the docks were scared of him and would run into a side room as we went down the hall. Who knows, if something that big with teeth wants to hang with me, I ain't gonna tell him no.

Last week: Elephants, crocodiles, monkeys and dogs.

So, Saturday morning, I will fly from Bangkok to Taipei and bus home, I should be home around midnight?

You know the coolest thing about following barricudas? Sometimes they miss and only get half the fish, meaning the other severed half does a slow spiral to the bottom. How cool is that!?!?! On our night dive we had two torches (Flashlights), one on the barricuda, the other on it's prey, as soon as we shone the light on something, he went for it, it's like playing a killer fish arcade game.

Anyways, I should try to keep this mudane and boring, or I'll never sleep. I'll tell t\you about my dives later, maybe I can post my underwater pictures.
P.S. Due to an unfortunate event which shall remain unexplained until I think of a GOOD story, I am now about 2mm shorter. I managed to take about an eighth of an inch (2mm) off the tip of my pinky toe. This means half the nail (nailbed is still intact) and the tip of my toe, so I will get it fixed in Taiwan, I had the guys at the scuba place fix it up last night and it hurts alot. I also have a bandage on the adjacent toe as well as my thumb, which is from a second incedent which will require a MUCH better story. Did I mention I got some sunburn and wearing a wetsuit and 5000Lbs of scuba gear and air tanks sucks when you're not in the water? Heavy hiking backpacks also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home