Friday, September 08, 2006

Critical Mass and Culture Shock.

Well, Reg thinks I've completely lost it over Candy. Things have been really good this week, Candy's been over a few times for dinner and a movie, things are better than well. Reg had this idea to go to Taipei this weekend, and I decided to go with him, and I'm going to drag Candy along, too... great! I was going to stay here to spend time with her, but she said she'd like to go also.

Last night, I went to DaShu to teach, 30 minutes driving in a downpour with puddles 6 inches deep!!! What a ride. The school was great!

I'm in some Culture Shock... I thought I had been here long enough, but nope, not yet. The students sat perfectly ion their desks and had their hands up to talk. When I told them class was over, they packed up thier crap and sat there... WTF? Anyways, I opened the door and they all stood up, placed thier stools on the desks and then lined up waiting for me to exit first. I was in disbelief, just like out of one of those movies, total respect. They have never had a foreigner teacher before, their English is interesting.

They speak alright, but have no concept of what a verb, noun or adjective is... I guess this makes them Native Speakers, doesn't it?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bro, Well from what I have heard, I think that you are smitten as well. But that's not a bad thig at all!! Hey did you get my address? Drop me a line and we can have a chat.
Love ya,
Sheri

Monday, September 11, 2006 1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Jáco Herbst said...

"Well, Reg thinks I've completely lost it over Candy."

He is not the only one who thinks that!
Do you know what to do after the kiss?

Jaco

Friday, September 22, 2006 11:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home