Saturday, July 22, 2006

Let the victor write the history books.

Well, one more day in Saigon. Great food. I had Beef Goulash and a Choco-banana milkshake for dinner, wow, super good. Slept till 2pm, went to the War Museum, the riverside, dinner, here.

The war museum used to be called the "Atrocities of America and China on the Vietnamese Museum" ... or something close to that. Anyways, they had a heap of American tanks, planes and Hueys... the Hueys look pretty cool, rockets on one side and a Gattling gun on the other. They had tonnes of pictures of stuff that the Western forces did to the Viets, Agent Orange sounds like a real mess and some of the land mines and bombs... What a terrible thing to grow up with, I fell very fortunate.

Tomorrow morning, I will head up the coast to Phan Thiet, where I can rent some bikes and ride along the dunes, then hit the beach.

On another note, I have a cell phone, cost me US$8 for the number, which came with $7 credit. Good stuff, call me anytime... if you can figure it out.
(090) 259-8631 I've been told that sometimes the network is busy, whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home